[Check_mk (english)] Cannot open check_mk_objects.cfg for reading

Albert albertvd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:46:42 CET 2013

Hi Lars,

Thank you for your reply.

I found the cause. When the new check_mk_objects.cfg file was created, it
was owned by root:root and only owner could read/write. Nagios then
couldn't find the config file.

I added a chmod instruction to line 488 of
/usr/share/check_mk/modules/automation.py
to change mode of the objects file to 664. This solved the problem.

Albert