[Check_mk Announce] New stable version 1.2.4 has finally arrived

Check_mk Announcements checkmk-announce at lists.mathias-kettner.de
Thu Feb 13 09:28:55 CET 2014

Dear users of Check_MK,

nearly 10 months have passed since the release of Check_MK 1.2.2 and we
are glad that we've now finally released the next stable version 1.2.4
of Check_MK.
This version comes with a huge set of more than one thousand changes.

The most prominent features in the new version are:

* The new Check_MK Micro Core
* Availability reporting in Multisite
* Editor for Business Intelligence rules in WATO
* VMWare ESX Monitoring (performant and detailed)
* SAP R/3-Monitoring
* Predictive Monitoring
* 100% German translation
* Livestatus-Proxy

Furthermore this release comes with a lot of new check plugins (like
ESX- and SAP R/3-Monitoring) and several usability and performance
improvements.

We like to take the opportunity to thank all of our users for their
useful feedback and of course our customers for the funding of the
project. We also wish to thank the active community for their qualified
bug reports, help to other users on the mailing lists and for spreading
the word about Check_MK.

As always you have three ways of how to install and use Check_MK:

1. Manually install Nagios and setup Check_MK from the tarball
    on the download page using setup.sh

2. Use the OMD builds from omdistro.org: You can use the nightly
    snapshots or wait for the next stable version which will
    be released in a couple of weeks.

3. Get a membership in our subscription and use our dedicated
    installation packages - ready-to-use for 42 different Linux
    distributions at this point of time. You find details about
    support contracts and subscriptions on
    http://mathias-kettner.com/checkmk_support_contract.html

With best regards and thanks for using Check_MK,

Lars Michelsen

--
Lars Michelsen

BESUCHEN SIE UNS AUF DER CEBIT 2014!
Halle 6, Block E16, Standnummer 224

---
Mathias Kettner GmbH
Kellerstraße 29, 81667 München, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht München,  HRB 165902
Geschäftsführer: Mathias Kettner
http://mathias-kettner.de
Tel. +49 89 1890 435-12 <https://eiger:7001/12/0089189043512>
Fax. +49 89 1890 43529 <https://eiger:7001/12/0089189043529>