[Check_mk Announce] New Check_MK beta release 1.5.0b8
checkmk-announce at lists.mathias-kettner.de
Wed Jul 11 09:26:40 CEST 2018
Dear friends of Check_MK,
the new beta release 1.5.0b8 of Check_MK is ready for download.
To focus on the 1.5 beta feedback we have created a dedicated mail address:
feedback-1.5-beta at check-mk.org
All mails to this address will be used to improve the 1.5 and are
completely free of charge.
This test release ships with 42 changes affecing all editions of Check_MK,
10 Enterprise Edition specific changes and 1 Managed Services Edition specific changes.
This release will be in active maintenance until 2018-08-10.
The passive maintenance will be until 2018-09-09. For details take
a look at the Check_MK versions chapter of the Check_MK handbook.
Changes in all Check_MK Editions:
* 6233 FIX: Wato Web-API: Fixed broken service discovery for cluster hosts
* 6239 FIX: WATO host diagnostic page: SNMPv3+Credentials hosts no longer report an exception.
* 6231 FIX: WATO GUI rule matching: Fixed broken evaluation of negated WATO rules
* 6319 FIX: Fixed wrong changelog entry when moving folders
* 6325 FIX: Fixed broken "Parameter rule set" link on check manpages
* 5827 FIX: Background jobs: fixed race condition where current job state was not available
* 6118 Add a analyze configuration rule for flexible and plain email notifications
* 6320 FIX: Some services (e.g. Linux Memory) were using wrong perfometers
* 6234 FIX: SLA computing: added some bugfixes relating to special timeperiods
* 6322 FIX: Inventory painters: Allow dynamic table column width scaling
* 6321 FIX: Fixed perfometer sorting in some cases
* 5825 FIX: Fixed broken sync of personal user settings information to slave sites
* 6286 FIX: crontab init script: Fixed implicit dependency to "which" command
* 6279 FIX: Fixed package installation when bash-completion is not installed
* 6119 FIX: asciimail, mail: display the custom host and service notes URL correctly in notifications
* 6232 FIX: Notifications rules are no longer sortable
* 6237 FIX: Inventory plugin esx_vsphere_hostsystem: fixed crash during HW/SW inventory
* 6014 FIX: Fixed handling of expected regular messages
* 6225 FIX: Fix key errors in mkeventd.log due to missing default values
* 6222 FIX: Fix exception during event rewriting, causing events for missing expected messages failing to be created
Core & setup:
* 6281 Add Edition and running core to crash reports
Checks & agents:
* 6204 veritas_vcs, veritas_vcs.servicegroup: Monitor 'frozen' Attribute of Veritas Cluster
* 6229 netapp_api_status: now also supports state "ok_with_suppressed"
* 6117 check_http: Add the possibility to perform certificate checks over a proxy
* 6300 FIX: win_printers: Added line break to section header; otherwise the output format was broken in case of a Get-WMIObject failure
* 6148 FIX: solaris_fmadm: Some 'fmadm' versions provide a different output format. This may lead to empty service details if the agent reports any problems
* 6305 FIX: sap_hana_filesystem, sap_hana_mem: Fixed wrong conversion of filesystem and memory values
* 6142 FIX: qnap_disks: Fixed undetected error if SMART information is missing
* 6141 FIX: mssql_databases: Fixed creating rule with 'Map Database States' parameters and moved state bubble to right place
* 6143 FIX: mssql_backup: Fixed crash if check gots old-style parameters
* 5826 FIX: mrpe: Fixed broken option "Append age to output"
* 6299 FIX: mk_logwatch: logwatch.d files were only loaded if logwatch.cfg was in place
* 6116 FIX: mk_db2.linux: major refactoring of the plugin to solve different issues
NOTE: Please refer to the migration notes!
* 6301 FIX: if_fortigate: Related graphs look like all other interface graphs
* 6307 FIX: hyperv_checkpoints: Parameters did not correctly apply
* 6282 FIX: docker_container_cpu: Fixed crash in some environments
* 6236 FIX: cmk --convert-rrds: fixed broken command
* 6302 FIX: check_mk_agent.linux: Fixed 'oci runtime error: exec failed: container_linux.go:265: starting container process caused "exec: \"check_mk_agent\": executable file not found in $PATH"'
* 6306 FIX: check_mk_agent.aix: Prevent timeout of Check_MK service if LPARs of a PowerHA are hanging
* 6238 FIX: check_http: fixed proxy authentification problem when using NTLM
* 6145 FIX: Fixed "UnboundLocalError (local variable 'section_content' referenced before assignment)" (Updates werk 6186)
* 6191 FIX: Configure additional Windows eventlogs with keyword 'logfile'
Changes in the Check_MK Enterprise Edition:
* 6240 WATO Web-API: Implemented SLA API interface
* 6115 FIX: Use the correct matching behaviour and avoid a crash while baking agents for some agent bakery rules
NOTE: Please refer to the migration notes!
* 6288 FIX: Added missing runtime dependency "cpio" for solaris package building
* 6324 FIX: Notifications: Fixed height of graph area with a larger legend
* 6323 FIX: Fixed graph PNG export of other than first graphs
Checks & agents:
* 5935 FIX: logwatch: "Activate modern eventlog API introduced in vista" is now configurable via agent bakery
* 6144 FIX: win_eventlog: Fixed handling of optional parameter 'Vista API'
* 5502 FIX: Prevent baked tar.gz agents from changing ownership of files on host
* 5499 FIX: Implicit default values for agent updater config
* 6287 FIX: Cleanup half written solaris pkg packages when error occurs during package finalization
Changes in the Check_MK Managed Services Edition:
* 6230 FIX: Managed Services Edition: Fixed broken GUI designer
You can download Check_MK from our download page:
Please mail bug reports and qualified feedback to feedback at check-mk.org.
We greatly thank you for using Check_MK and wish you a successful monitoring,
Your Check_MK Team
Mathias Kettner GmbH
KellerstraÃe 29, 81667 MÃ¼nchen, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht MÃ¼nchen, HRB 165902
GeschÃ¤ftsfÃ¼hrer: Mathias Kettner
Tel. +49 89 1890 435-0
Fax. +49 89 1890 435-29
More information about the Checkmk-announce