[Check_mk (english)] Can we use Regular Expressions to Define Tags?

Florian Heigl fh at mathias-kettner.de
Sat Aug 6 20:14:08 CEST 2011

On 08/06/2011 05:04 PM, Victor Carpetto wrote:
> Is it possible to use a RegEx pattern to apply tags to all hosts native to check_mk?  [...] looking to auto-mate the import of hosts into check_mk.

Very shortest answer:
You can do (almost?) anything that python can do.
Take care to indicate helper variables using _prefix.

for example you could open an exported file, append the tags that apply
to all systems in that file, and use this to generate another python list.
and then you += (append) this to your all_hosts list.

obviously, if you know someone who knows windows ldap/AD *and* python
well, then you have no reason for any 3rd party AD export software to do
this :>

Whatever solution you come up with, please check if you can take the
time to make some public documentation about it - this will help many
people who aren't aware *how* much they can do in the cmk config files.

[ And if it doesn't work out, let us know :) ]

Good luck!
Florian

--
Mathias Kettner GmbH  |  \/  | |/ /   M A T H I A S   K E T T N E R
Florian Heigl         | |\/| | ' /
Fax.: 089 / 1890 4211 Mail:  fh at mathias-kettner.de