[Check_mk (english)] SNMP not working as expected on New SNMP devices in Check_mk 1.1.11i1

Alex Broad alex at thebroadgroup.com
Tue Jun 21 12:07:11 CEST 2011

Hi

Yes, all snmp devices are tagged as required in the config

I can reproduce this only by doing the following

- Upgrade to from 1.1.10p3 to 1.1.11i1
- Add a New SNMP device to snmp.mk config file
- Check_mk -I
: Device will only show up as a ping device

New SNMP device will only show up as a PING device.

To resolve this I did the following

- Install 1.1.10p3 over the top of 1.1.11i1
- Check -I ( this will then find all the snmp checks for the device
- then upgrade to 1.1.11i1

The issue will only happen if I "add" a NEW snmp device to 1.1.11i1 config
file

{code}
cat snmp.mk
all_hosts += ['192.168.16.1|all|snmp|office',
 'HP3392.mydomain.com|all|printer|snmp',
 'HP3700.mydomain.com|all|printer|snmp',
 'HP2035.mydomain..com|all|printer|snmp',
]
{code}
Issue

Commercial in confidence.