[Check_mk (english)] Adding check_dell_bladechassis to a host?

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Fri Nov 4 11:44:29 CET 2011

On 11/03/2011 05:57 PM, Mike Hanby wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I have a Dell M1000e blade chassis that can be checked via SNMP (fan
> speeds, etc...).

Have you looked at Dell's OMSA stuff?  I have the OpenManage stuff
installed on 4 M1000e's and quite a few R610, R710's and some other
assorted Dell PowerEdge servers.

I used the steps on this blog post to get it up and running.
http://flakrat.blogspot.com/2011/03/using-checkopenmanage-with-checkmk.html

Works great, alerts to any hardware issues, you get performance graphs
for temperatures and power consumption, and when everything is OK the
output you're getting is the same as the check_openmanage plugin.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil