[Check_mk (english)] Check_MK service alerts after restart/change activation

Aled Jones d.aled.jones at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 12:19:38 CET 2012

Jason / Norbert
As a workaround for this you can add this to your check_mk configuration
file:

extra_service_conf["max_check_attempts"] = [
 ( "4", ALL_HOSTS, ["Check_MK"] ),
]

Thats what I do and it stops you getting false positives after a 'cmk -R'
or wato restart. It works by adding a max check attempts to the Check_MK
service, so if your check interval is 1min (default), it will be four
minutes before an alert is sent, giving the check time to recover properly
following a restart.