[Check_mk (english)] Windows events

Clint Johnson cljohnson at nextit.com
Sat Feb 2 00:16:42 CET 2013

I've installed and have good checks coming back from my windows 2008 server hosts. But it's not showing events from the event viewer. I see that logs should be going to /var/lib/check_mk/logwatch/servername and some of the servers have files beneath servername and those show up fine in check_mk but others do not. I try and remove the host and at them back but it doesn't help. I try and add the files on my Ubuntu Linux host with correct permissions it doesn't write to the directory.
If I telnet to the server 6556 I see
<<<logwatch>>>
[[[Application]]]
[[[HardwareEvents]]]
[[[Internet Explorer]]]
[[[Key Management Service]]]
[[[NextIT]]]
[[[Security]]]
[[[System]]]
[[[Windows PowerShell]]]
<<<local>>>
<<<mrpe>>>
I left the rest out but the other checks seem fine.
If I check  /var/lib/check_mk/logwatch/server name often empty directory. Some work. I add file -rw-r--r-- 1 nagios nagios  2059 Feb  1 13:19 NextIT
I can put in error text and will see that in the check_mk UI.
Thanks
Clint