[Check_mk (english)] scom

Dale Stubblefield dalestubblefield at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:29:46 CEST 2013

Antti,

I was able to get CheckMK to create a "SCOM_Status" check for each server
for me in WATO.

- In WATO, go to "Active Checks" >> "Classical active and passive Nagios
checks"
- Define a new rule
- Select your folder and tags
- Input Service description as: SCOM_Status
- Check the "Command line" box
- For "Command line", enter: echo "ERROR - you did an active check on this
service - please do not do that on this service" && exit 1
- Save the rule
- Go to "Monitoring Configuration" >> "Enable/disable active checks for
services"
- Define a new rule
- Select your folder and tags
- Check "Specify explicit values"
- Enter your service name as: SCOM_Status$
- In the "Value" box, select "Disable active checks" in the drop-down menu
- Save the rule
- Apply changes

Now you have created a Passive Nagios check named "SCOM_Status" that Nagios
will never check, but can be populated by the SCOM2Nagios connector.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Dale