[Check_mk (english)] separating monitor host and target host

Andreas Döhler andreas.doehler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 17:25:49 CEST 2014

With check_mk you can make such a setup with the "piggyback" mechanic.
There the agent from one host grabs data for another host.
Inside the documentation for ESX monitoring you can find some information.
It is the same way for your servers like it is done for virtual machines
inside the ESX environment.
http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_vsphere.html#H1:Monitoring Virtual
Machines

With your local checks it is very easy make a small wrapper script around
your local checks who "wrap" the output with the piggyback information like
the following.
<<<<hostname>>>>
<<<local>>>
<<<other section>>>
<<<<>>>>

Four <<<< will start such a piggyback section and the same to end the
section.

br