[Check_mk (english)] Regarding High IOPS using Check Mk

Andreas Döhler andreas.doehler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:46:16 CET 2015

Inside the benchmark the numbers are generated with simulated output. It is
no real active check against an agent.

Two questions.

- all your sites running on the same machine? Is this needed?
- If yes to the first question - with the amount of your active checks and
hosts you need to do more then 350 checks per second. I think this is not
possible with your hardware.

I think the limit of your server will be something around 32k active checks
with 5 minute interval.

For your system it would also be interesting to test the CMC core from the
subscription version as it is very fast at check execution. But it cannot
help with long check run time of your active checks.