[Check_mk (english)] Incorrect Offset Warnings from System Time Service

Andreas Döhler andreas.doehler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 07:59:03 CET 2015

It sounds strange. Could it be that the check latency on your monitoring
core is very high?
Your assumption is right that you should see 26 seconds offset inside OMD
for all Windows servers.

The check function shows that it only compares the agent value with the
local time from the monitoring server
systemtime = int(info[0][0])
ourtime = time.time()
offset = systemtime - ourtime

One thing what you can test is if the connection is immediately closed
after the systemtime output. Normally i do this with a telnet from
the monitoring server to the clients. If it hangs for some seconds at the
end then you have the source of your offset.