[Check_mk (english)] reconfigure parents after movin a guest to another ESX Host

Chris Lindbergh chrislindbergh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:06:00 CET 2015

Agreed.

Using a folder to hold the VMs allows you to define the parent in the
folder properties, so any hosts/VMs in the folder will have that parent by
default.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Andreas Döhler <andreas.doehler at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All ESX host's belong to the same cluster?
> I do normally assign all hosts of one cluster as parents to all machines
> on this cluster.
>
> Best regards
> Andreas
>
> Ralf Prengel <ralf.prengel at rprengel.de> schrieb am Wed Feb 11 2015 at
> 17:48:34:
>

>> Hallo,
>>
>> I m planning to use parents to organize my main network topology map.
>> The problem:
>>   I ve 15 ESX Hosts with 200 VM moving between these hosts. Is there a
>> way to manage the parent-function automatically?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ralf

##### "The compassionate have no enemies, the wise have no worries."
#####                                          - Jing-si Aphorism
##### http://kso.cc