[Check_mk (english)] Multisite replication

Didier Capdevielle didier.capdevielle at u-bordeaux.fr
Tue Feb 17 10:59:32 CET 2015

Le 27/01/2015 14:27, Didier Capdevielle a écrit :
> Le 27/01/2015 14:00, Marcel Schulte a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Didier,
>>
> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> I think you have to do this as site user - did you do that?
>>
> I try once but without enough energy :-)
> I try again tomorrow afternoon and also look at the location of files.

Hi,

Everyone at work knows tomorrow may be ... distant :-)
So i try yesterday and i can't make that works.

Reminder: We want replication master (production) to slave (consult)
but when master is down, we want to continue to consult on slave

1) livedump
On a first server (master), i have a site called master and a script in
a cron :
/#!/bin/sh//
//fexport=cfxport//
//sudo -i -u master -H sh -c "cd /omd/sites/master ;
/opt/omd/versions/1.20/share/doc/check_mk/treasures/livedump/livedump
-TC >/tmp/omd/$fexport"//
//sleep 2//
//scp /tmp/omd/$fexport
monit02:/opt/omd/versions/1.20/skel/tmp/nagios/checkresults/./
*That's work fine :-)*

on a second server (slave), i have a site called consult and a script in
a  cron :
/#!/bin/sh//
//fexport=cfxport//
//sudo -i -u consult -H sh -c "touch
/opt/omd/versions/1.20/skel/tmp/nagios/checkresults/$fexport"//
/*touch command seems to do nothing*

What is wrong ?

2) distributed monitoring
On first server i have
     - a local site local
     - a distant site - disable - (site consult  of second server for
replication)

On second server i have 2 sites  :
     - consult (site with remote access on site called master of first
server)
     - backup (local site)
if consult is OK and backup is disabled, master and consult shown datas
are the same
if consult is disable and backup is OK (simulation first server is
down), datas on consult are not up-to-date

I try others config but i don't really know what is needed (in first
server and in second server)

If anyone can help me ?
Thanks in advance,