[Check_mk (english)] service dependencies

R . trisonicking at msn.com
Tue Feb 17 18:11:30 CET 2015

Hello,Sorry for the long post.  I am having trouble setting up my service dependency. Here is what i have in my dependecies.cfg filedefine servicedependency{host_name server01service_description service_Tomcatdependent_host_name server01dependent_service_description service01,service02,service03,service04execution_failure_criteria w,u,cnotification_failure_criteria w,u,c}The services(service01, service02 etc) are dependent on service_Tomcat. They are url's. If tomcat goes down, we know that the four services are unreachable. However, it doesn't work when i stop tomcat.
So i've noticed in nagios when the services are retrying, they get to their max attempt and then send a notification. So I figured I could just reduce the attempts service_tomcat would make.
I found the check_mk_objects.cfg file that has a lot of info, specifically the part where I figured I needed to make the change.  From this:define service {  use                           check_mk_passive  host_name                     server01  service_description           service_Tomcat  contact_groups                windows-admins,nagios-testing  notification_interval         90  retry_check_interval          2  normal_check_interval         5  max_check_attempts            3  check_command                 check_mk-services}
to this:
define service {  use                           check_mk_passive  host_name                     server01  service_description           service_Tomcat  contact_groups                windows-admins,nagios-testing  notification_interval         90  retry_check_interval          1  normal_check_interval         1  max_check_attempts            3  check_command                 check_mk-services}
But when i run cmk -O, it overwrites whatever is in main.mk to that check_mk_objects.cfg file.  This is where I am stuck.  How can I configure that?  Thanks in advance