[Check_mk (english)] check_mk multisite (OMD): Overview of local sites?

Chris Lindbergh chrislindbergh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 17:06:25 CET 2015

Hi Alan,

We're using Folders for this functionality.

Each datacenter gets a folder, and people who work that datacenter get
permissions only to that datacenter.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:18 AM, Alan Murrell <lists at murrell.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if, with an OMD install, if one creates multiple sites, is
> there a way to have an overview of all those sites?  Could this be done via
> the "distributed monitoring" config, except specifying the local
> server/sites?
>
> My use case is this: I have a client who has one big site and a few
> smaller, "satellite" offices, connected to the main site by VPN.  None of
> the "satellite" offices are big enough to justify their own OMD
> installations, so I plan on monitoring them via the OMD install at the main
> site, but I would still like to keep each location seperate.
>
> So I am thinking something like this:
>
>   - Create a site for each location ("site1", "site2", "site3", etc.)
>   - Setup monitoring and access for each site's devices under the
> appropriate site
>   - Create another site with a name for the organisation itself
>   - Under the "Organisation Site", consolidate the various locations into
> an overall view/management (possibly using the distributed monitoring
> config)
>
> Is the above feasible?  If not, it is not the end of the world; I can just
> create the devices for each location under a single site and put the site
> name as part of the device name (e.g., "[site1] Switch 1"), but if it can
> be done as individual sites, that would be preferred :-)
>
> Thanks! :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> Alan

##### "The compassionate have no enemies, the wise have no worries."
#####                                          - Jing-si Aphorism
##### http://kso.cc