[Check_mk (english)] OMD/WATO: dual check, check_mk_agent and vsphere agent

Mike Wilson uce.mikew at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:24:49 CEST 2015

On 7/21/2015 2:22 PM, Marcel Schulte wrote:
> if you had it running manually OMD can be configured the same way. WATO is
> no OMD feature, it's a CMK one.

Sorry, I really do not understand the differences in wato/omd/etc.

> I don't know how to get the agent part in your dual-vsphere-config to be
> used via ssh but the vsphere agent can do cmk agent, too - just watch for
> the right param in WATO -> Host & Service Parameters -> Monitoring
> configuration - > Datasource Programs - Vsqhere agent (unsure about the
> last's wording).

Ssh agent polling is just using ssh wrapper to run the same agent. It's
the same as normal agent tests except instead of hitting a port on the
host it uses ssh for the same.

That said I've reviewed the above and as I mentioned both work
individually. I am guessing either there is some backend issue with it
not liking "Individual program call instead of agent access" (ssh agent)
instead of the normal method.

> For the agent/SNMP thing: configure your host in WATO with agent type
> "dual" and you should get both features' services.

I do not have the agent listening to ports so cannot test but with the
ssh+snmp it failed in my previous trials.

I guess I should have titled this "agent+snmp issues" instead of
"agent+vsphere". Our real concern is being able to use both the agent
and snmp tests. I'll poke around and see what I can find.

--

Mike Wilson