[Check_mk (english)] Dell iDRAC suppress "WARNING - Disk State: non-raid" in WATO

Andy D'Arcy Jewell Andy.D'ArcyJewell at csiltd.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 12:55:45 CEST 2016

Hi all,

TL;DR: Need to suppress Check_MK warnings about non-RAID disks, because I'm using ZFS.

I'm testing OMD Raw Edition (as packaged by ConSol Labs) with check_mk 1.2.6p12, and I've added a Dell R730 server running ProxmoxVE with a ZFS filesystem.

ZFS is supposed to access the disks directly, so they are set up as JBOD devices in the MegaRAID controller, and then ZFS forms a mirror from the raw devices, which provides the required redundancy.

However, check_mk shows these disks with a warning state because they're not part of a RAID configuration. I can't see anything in WATO that allows me to create a rule to suppress this.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
-AndyDJ

(Sorry about the disclaimer below - this is added automatically by our mail system).

IMPORTANT NOTICE
'This e-mail message is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error, please notify postmaster at csiltd.co.uk and destroy this e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments. Any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any third party acting, or refraining from acting, on any information contained in this e-mail is excluded. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
When addressed to our customers any quotations contained in this e-mail are subject to contract and are on the terms of the company's standard Conditions, a copy of which is available on request. Any errors or omissions in any quotations or other information issued by the company shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the company. Copyright in documents created by or on behalf of this company remains vested in the company, and we assert our moral rights, unless the terms of our relevant client's agreement provide otherwise.
Due to the nature of Internet communications CSI cannot guarantee that this communication or any attachments do not contain software viruses. We have taken every precaution to minimise this probability but cannot accept any liability for damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses. We recommend you carry out your own virus checks before opening attachments.
CSI reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its internal and external networks.
This communication is from Computer Systems Integration Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Registered number: 1748591
Registered address: Lynton House, 7-12 Tavistock Square. London WC1H 9BQ