[Check_mk (english)] Multisite not showing host's IP address

Greg Cabaj Greg.Cabaj at tradition.com
Tue Jul 12 13:11:04 CEST 2016

Dear All,

First of all big thanks to Mathias Kettner and the team for great monitoring package : Check_MK

I just convinced business that it is worth implementing it in our company and building proof-of-concept configuration.

During installation and configuration I found the issue, I could not resolve in the last few days, unfortunately.

-          When I go to multisite page and choose in left-side menu: Hosts -> All hosts -> server1.fqdn.com and click the server1.fqdn.com at the top of table, I can see that "Host addresses" field is empty.

-          Same issue is for all other hosts I aim to monitor.

-          All services are in OK status.

Installation details:

The installation is currently done on one VMware server:

OS: Oracle Linux Server release 6.6
Kernel: 2.6.32-573.8.1.el6.x86_64
Standalone Nagios installation: Nagios Core 4.1.1
Check_MK installed with: check-mk-raw-1.2.8p4-el6-36.x86_64.rpm (Although I intended to use it only for multisite to obtain hosts from Nagios Core)
Livestatus installation with: mk-livestatus-1.2.6p16.tar.gz   (Did run ./configure --with-nagios4 )

The site has been successfully configured in /opt/omd/sites/multisite/etc/check_mk/multisite.mk
The livestatus service/listener has been configured and is running from xinetd.
The nagios.cfg has added appropriate modules (livestatus.o) as per the documentation.

The Livestatus Query Language is returning all server's details, including their IP addresses, but when I go to the GUI I see empty "Host addresses" field for each host.

I see no errors in the logs.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I would appreciate very much any hint.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Greg

The information herein may have been obtained from various sources. Any opinion expressed may be that of the sender only, is subject to change without notice and should be independently evaluated. Nothing herein constitutes investment advice or an offer, or solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell any financial product. Any data consists of purely indicative prices and should not be relied upon to revalue any commercial positions held by any recipient. Tradition makes no warranty that the data represent or indicates prices at which transactions may be or have been made by any Tradition Group company. To the maximum extent of the law, Tradition accepts no responsibility for, and cannot and does not warrant the integrity, accuracy, quality, completeness, merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose or requirement of the information or data, even if arising out of the negligence of Tradition or otherwise. Tradition accepts no liability for any direct, indirect or other consequential loss arising out of any use of the information contained in this document or any omission from it. This communication is directed at Eligible Counterparties and Professional Clients as defined by the FCA. It is not for distribution to nor should it be relied upon by Private Clients. It is not intended for distribution to, or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to any applicable law or regulation. Please note that, for business or compliance reasons, we may monitor and read emails sent or received using our servers or equipment. Tradition (UK) Ltd (937647), Tradition Financial Services Ltd (1046064), TFS Derivatives Ltd (4051930), Tradition London Clearing Ltd (3633863), Trad-X (UK) Ltd (7712475) and TFS-ICAP Ltd (4025995) registered in England at Beaufort House, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7QX; authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. VAT No: GB 365 4639 27 except TFS-ICAP GB 766 0854 05.