[Check_mk (english)] ESX - Agent exited code 1

Tony Pereira pereira.tony at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:05:01 CEST 2016

Hello,

Everything was working fine until I did an update on the Ubuntu, I am
assuming it updated python.

I am getting the following messages when it checks my esx host servers.

CRIT - Agent exited with code 1: Cannot connect to vSphere Server. Maybe
you provided wrong credentials. Please check your connection settings and
try again. Error message: SSLError(1, u'[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)')

The command line I am running for all my checks are as follows, of course
changed for different resources being monitored, MEM, CPU, etc….;

./check_vmware_api.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -l MEM -u $USER11$ -p $USER12$ -s
usage -w 80 -c 90

I am on Ubuntu 12.04 with check_mk 1.2.6p12

Thanks in in advance for any assistance