[Check_mk (english)] Brocade CPU and MEM

Jose Fernandes jose.fernandes at locaweb.com.br
Tue Jul 19 23:32:30 CEST 2016

Hello,

The version/file is -> /opt/omd/versions/1.2.8p1.cre/share/check_mk/checks/brocade_mlx

At this moment, I have changed the line 175 from:

if module_state != "0" and module_state != "11" and ( module_descr.startswith("NI-MLX") or module_descr.startswith("BR-MLX")):

to:

if module_state != "0" and module_state != "11" and not ("Switch Fabric" in module_descr):

Who developed this monitoring script have a motivation to to this limitation for models "NI-MLX" and "BR-MLX".

After my change, all CPU Modules of Brocade switches are "inventorized" (I have tested with models "CER" and "MLX"). I am curious to know why just this models of brocade switches have CPU/Memory monitored and if it is a problem for you my change on the file...if you guys see a problem to change something simple.

Thanks,