[Check_mk (english)] ESX - Agent exited code 1

Marcel Schulte schulte.marcel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 08:19:29 CEST 2016

Hi Tony,

> I have found the issue. Its been a long time since i have set this up.
You are right.

Great! That was like bet'n'win, just as this year's soccer euro cup ;)

> I had this setup through the Datasource programs, then check state of esx
hosts. I checked and see the check ssl was deactivated. I then saved it,
although i didnt make any changes, i made it seem like i did. So i can
simply save changes. Once i did that then it is working again. It seems
there was an issue somewhere and I thinkk by pushing a save it used the
refreshed settings. I'm guessing it might be a cache issue.

Sometimes when rules get new parameters (like the SSL validation thing) the
parameters' values are shown in config page but not yet applied, because
there were no WATO changes to apply. Saving those (unchanged) pages forces
a change and afterwards the changes are applied. Rediscovery of a host
(tabula rasa in WATO or "cmk -II HOSTNAME(S)" in terminal) applies
defaults, too.

> Thanks for your help, you pointed to look somewhere else.

Exactly what I told Mathias today: "many requests at the lists can be
solved by asking the right questions - this also helps users in
self-learning how the system behaves" :)

Whatever, you're welcome!

Marcel

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Tony Pereira <pereira.tony at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Marcel,
>>
>> I am running python 2.7.12.
>>
>> I have defined checks under the
>> Host Service Parameters
>> Active Checks
>> Classical active and passive Monitoring checks
>> I have 11 check rules defined.
>>
>> I have downladed the check_vmware_api.pl  from op5 and defined checks.
>>
>> I didnt realize there was another way to define esx checks.
>>
>> How do i remove the ssl certificate parameter?
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Marcel Schulte <schulte.marcel at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi Tony,
>>>
>>> the shown error comes from
~/share/check_mk/agents/special/agent_vsphere so I bet you're wrong by
saying you'd use check_vmware_api.pl ;)

>>> Which Python version are you using? Since 2.7.9 Python is more
restrictive in using/validating ssl certificates.

>>> When you check your datasource program configuration for the affected
host it may be possible (I'm at 1.2.8p5, don't remember whether this is
available in 1.2.6p12) you've a param to change (or even deactivate) ssl
cert validation...

>>> If not, report back.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marcel
>>>
>>> Tony Pereira <pereira.tony at gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 19. Juli 2016 um
21:06 Uhr:

Maybe you provided wrong credentials. Please check your connection settings
and try again. Error message: SSLError(1, u'[SSL:
CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)')

course changed for different resources being monitored, MEM, CPU, etc….;