[Check_mk (english)] Check_MK service timeout

Paul Bongers Paul.Bongers at osudio.com
Wed Jul 20 13:51:50 CEST 2016

Hi list,

I'm currently stuck with an issue I can't explain.

I've written a special agent to check some websites using SSLLabs API.
For a reason I can't explain, the 'Check_MK' check will report "(Service
Check Timed Out)" for a random period of time. Whenever I click the
button to reschedule an immediate check, the check will run fine again.

The agent is set up to report cached results. Once the age of the cached
results exceeds a specified limit, the agent will fork a process to
recheck the host with the API. Therefore, there should always be quick
results (unless, of course, there is no cached data and nothing will be
returned).

I'm at a loss to explain why the agent should time out. Can someone give
me some clues on how to solve this?

I'm using Check_MK version 1.2.6p16.cre.

Regards,

Paul