[Check_mk (english)] Using a tag to set up ps.perf check

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Wed Jul 20 17:09:34 CEST 2016

I want to set up a tag in WATO that I can add to a host that will
include a ps.perf check for a specific process on that host.

I've defined a tag, defined the ps.perf check and modified one host to
have that tag.  But the ps.perf check doesn't get added to the host.

Not really sure if I should be setting up a host tag group or an
auxillary tag.

My goal is to have a selectable tag available for each host that enables
a ps.perf check for the backup daemon that runs on some of our systems.
Not all systems get backed up.  I think I just haven't wrapped my head
around the WATO way of doing things.  My old setup didn't use WATO and I
just added the tag to each host that needed it and then had:

checks = [
     ( ["nsr"], ALL_HOSTS, "ps", "NetWorker", ( "/usr/sbin/nsrexecd", 1,
1, 1, 1 ) ),

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator