[Check_mk (english)] Replication between sites broken after upgrade from 1.2.6p16 to 1.2.8p5

Thomas Mashos TMashos at navexglobal.com
Thu Jul 21 16:57:41 CEST 2016

Hmm, website appears to be down now but I'm running the free version downloaded from https://mathias-kettner.de/check_mk_download.html (which I believe is the CRE version, which OMD is part of now?)

When you create the site on the remote server, you give it a name. In Recuncho's case, he named it "local", however when creating the portion on the main site in WATO that connects the remote site (in WATO, this is under "Distributed Sites") he named it "stg-002". Those are the two things that are mismatching. Here is the output from one of my remote sites that shows the site name (which is also the site ID)

[tmashos at SJC-PD-MGMON02 ~]$ omd sites
SITE             VERSION          COMMENTS
SJC              1.2.8p5.cre      default version
[tmashos at SJC-PD-MGMON02 ~]$

So to resolve this, Recuncho needs to either

A) In WATO, remove the "stg-002" site under "Distributed Sites" and create a new one named "local" (however, based on how it's named this isn't the best solution if he has multiple sites IMO)

or

B) On the remote server, remove the site named "local" and create a new one named "stg-002". (he'll also need to go into "Distributed Sites" in WATO on the main site and logout/login for that site to exchange the new keys)