[Check_mk (english)] Selective server monitoring

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Fri Jul 22 13:02:37 CEST 2016

Hi Pete,

On 22.07.2016 12:25, pete at wumfi.com wrote:

> My windows colleague is configuring a BackupExec server, and for the duration of the config, I would like to postpone monitoring (to save getting hundreds of unnecessary notifications).

You have two options:

Either set the Agent-Type of that host to "Do not monitor" or set the
Criticality to "Test system" and configure an applicable rule in the
Notification rulesets "Enable/disable notifications for hosts" and
"Enable/disable notifications for services" where you can then disable
notifications for all "Test system" hosts.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,