[Check_mk (english)] jolokia / check_mk rename deployment autodetection

Daniel Midali daniel.midali at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:57:11 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I have a problem about a configuration of jolokia on check_mk for a
customer.

I use jolokia to monitor a lot of jboss server with check_mk version
1.2.6p12.

When the customer makes some operation on the webapp deployed on the
servers change the name of the package (ending with the internal number
of packet version). After the new deploy I need to login and use WATO to
check the new deploy because the service change the state in UNKNOWN and
the new service (the renamed deploy) are not checked, so I need to check
the change and all restart to work properly.

On jolokia, I use this configuration for deployments monitoring:

( "jboss.as:deployment=*/status", "string.deployment-status",
["WebModule", "name"] ),

There is a way to resolve this problem? Or I need always to accept the
modifies from WATO? I cannot change anything from the internal process
of applications creation, so I cannot ask to customer to keep the same
name with the new deploy.

Thank you

Daniel