[Check_mk (english)] Checking if backups are working

Mathieu Levi mlevi at collective.com
Mon Jul 25 22:16:56 CEST 2016

There are a few different ways.

One way is to copy off the
/opt/omd/sites/SITENAME/var/check_mk/wato/snapshots/ dir, and if you need
to restore, simply restore the latest snapshot.  The downside is that this
auto-snapshot doesn't do more than back up the basic configuration and
event console data.  If you want the performance data, etc., then you'll
need to create the snapshot by hand.  Would love for someone how to tell me
how to control what's in the snapshot if I want more than basic config
backed up.

Another way is via the check_mk command (i.e. cmk --backup FILE.tar.gz and
--restore).  I have a script that runs nightly to back it up to a network
share.

Another way is to use the omd command (omd backup) but I haven't tested
that.