[Check_mk (english)] email: custom notifications with PNP4nagios not working?

Eric Malenfant eric.malenfant at cira.ca
Thu Jul 28 17:44:03 CEST 2016

Took me a while – the ‘mail’ script from git is newer than what was shipped, so – I’ve pulled it down, and have modified the requisite lines.
Doesn’t really make sense to modify the script here – instead, it seems like whats missing, is the actual option within WATO to define the local path so it can be passed as PARAMETER_1

That to me would be the solution instead of hacking up a file that will get overwritten later when upgraded.

In anycase, line 550, modified to direct path

548     except:
549         # Non-omd environment - use plugin argument 1
550         path = "/usr/local/pnp4nagios/share/index.php"
551         php_save_path = "" # Using default path
552         skip_authorization = False
553         env = 'REMOTE_USER="%s"' % context['CONTACTNAME'].encode('utf-8')

Original:  path = context.get('PARAMETER_1', '')

With rule-based notifications enabled, is still fails.
Without rule-based notifications – yep, pnp4nagios graphs are now missing.

Eric Malenfant
Sr Systems Administrator
eric.malenfant at cira.ca<mailto:eric.malenfant at cira.ca>