[Check_mk (english)] Custom XINETD config using agent bakery

Jon.Metelonis at spectrumhealth.org Jon.Metelonis at spectrumhealth.org
Thu Jul 28 18:06:49 CEST 2016

My intent is to use automated agent updates, however my system HTTP proxy settings break the agent updater.  I need to add a line to /etc/xinetd.d/check_mk_agent as follows to unset the proxy environment variables (the line with env):

# Created by Check_MK Agent Bakery.
# This file is managed via WATO, do not edit manually or you
# lose your changes next time when you update the agent.

service check_mk_agent
{
                type           = UNLISTED
                env            = 'http_proxy=' 'HTTP_PROXY='
                port           = 6556
                socket_type    = stream
                protocol       = tcp
                wait           = no
                user           = root
                server         = /usr/bin/check_mk_agent
                log_on_success =
                disable        = no
                only_from      = 127.0.0.1 1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8
}

How can I get the "env" line baked into the agent so it is persistent?  Note I'm assuming that the agent updater is called by the check_mk_agent service.

Cheers,
Jon