[Check_mk (english)] Parenting hosts and alerts.... perhaps I am missing something.

Marcel Schulte schulte.marcel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:38:41 CEST 2016

Hi Mike,

right, if parent is detected down the host should be unreachable.
Additionally to Tom's advice with event types in notifications you could do
this to prevent the host down detection before the router's:

* by default max check attempts is 1 so state immediately changes HARD
state and gets notified
* if the router's check attempts for host check is 1 set the host's one to
a higher value (e.g. 2) so that it changes to HARD later