[Check_mk (english)] Trying out automatic agent updates

Mäkelä, Antti Antti.Makela at vintor.fi
Wed Sep 21 07:03:02 CEST 2016

Hi,

  We have been trying to set up automatic agent updates, just as a test for a few (Ubuntu Linux) servers.

  Registering the update agents plugins to the server seemed to work just fine. However, we are seeing this in our view:

WARN - error: The agent updater is not registered at the deployment serverWARN, no successful connect to server yetWARN

  The interesting part is, that on the server, if I run the update agent with -u ("run like a plugin") I get this:

# cmk-update-agent -u
<<<check_mk>>>
AgentUpdate: last_check 1474434035.99 last_update 1474356408.81 aghash None error None

  But, if I run

# check_mk_agent test | tail -2
<<<check_mk>>>
AgentUpdate: last_check None last_update None aghash None error The agent updater is not registered at the deployment server

  (Also, on a related note, to get the agent installed we needed to install curl and python-requests on the server - the .deb-package did not apparently include those as dependencies).

  Any ideas on what could cause this?

  We are running the agent as root...

- Antti