[Check_mk (english)] How to monitor Event Logs - Applications and Services Logs

Ken Duncan kduncan at dmsi.com
Fri Apr 7 16:00:11 CEST 2017

I want to capture Event ID 24 and Event ID 25 in the “Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager/Operational” log.  I have tried to add this to the check_mk.ini file logwatch section like I do for other logs.  I seem to only be able to pull logs from the “Windows Logs” section but cannot pull anything from the “Application and Services Logs” section.  Has anyone had any luck capturing these types of logs?  I know that they are “Information” logs, but I want to pull them in and count them. These logs represent a terminal server disconnection.  I want to know if a server suddenly has a lot of these errors to determine if users are being disconnected.

Thanks,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D1C55F.AAE16C00]

Ken Duncan | Sr. Systems Engineer

DMSi Software | 402.330.6620 (e) 409
kduncan at dmsi.com<mailto:kduncan at dmsi.com> | dmsi.com<https://www.dmsi.com/>

–
We deliver solutions that help our customers keep their promises and achieve outstanding results.