[Check_mk (english)] How to create a "settings" page for a custom check in WATO?

Andreas Döhler andreas.doehler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:49:56 CET 2017

Hi Antti,

you can create your own settings for WATO inside
/local/share/check_mk/web/plugins/wato folder.
I will paste an example from one of my checks.

register_check_parameters(
    subgroup_os,
    "win_cert",
    _("Windows System Certificates"),
          Tuple(
              title = _("Time left for installed certificates before renew
is needed"),
              help = _("This rule sets the days before a certificate needs
renew."),
              elements = [
                  Integer(title = _("Warning at"), unit = _("days"),
default_value = 30),
                  Integer(title = _("Critical at"), unit = _("days"),
default_value = 15)
              ],
          ),
    None,
    "first"
)

Inside your check you need to define the "check_group"
check_info['win_cert'] = {
    "inventory_function"    : inventory_win_cert,
    "check_function"        : check_win_cert,
    "group"                 : "win_cert",
    "service_description"   : "System Certificates",
}

This group must match your definition inside the WATO rule.

Mäkelä, Antti <Antti.Makela at vintor.fi> schrieb am Mi., 15. Feb. 2017 um
08:19 Uhr: