[Check_mk (english)] Custom SNMP check with OID/MIB

Kent Skovbjerg Knudsen kesk at stibo.com
Thu Sep 14 10:38:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

I'm a little of a novice on the custom SNMP checks. Need to monitor a virtual appliance that only supports SNMPv2. I created the host via WATO and through SNMP I only get uptime and nic info.

I have the suppliers MIB and I need to monitor CPU, MEM and Disk. I tried follow the instructions in this page: http://mathias-kettner.de/checkmk_devel_snmpbased.html

I have added all_hosts = ["IP|snmp",] wit IP for that host in the main.mk and this makes the host appear in Check_MK under "All host" but only with a Check_MK discovery and PING.

I added below to the file bomgar in the path /omd/sites/monitor/local/share/check_mk/checks/

snmp_info["bomgar"] = ( ".1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.4", [ "2", "5" ] )

How do I get this OID check to appear in the checks for that host?

--

Regards Kent Knudsen