[Check_mk (english)] Force Cronjob Script Execution

Ezequiel Tolstanov ezequiel at atdt.com.ar
Mon Feb 4 21:29:27 CET 2019

Hi all!

I've written a small bash script to monitor something very specific. This
script is executed every 4 hours (defined in a cron job) because it's very
resource-intensive:

0 */4 * * * /bin/bash /opt/spn/bin/check_pipeline.sh

The script renders a file (with the desired result of the check) that goes
to the spool directory (/var/lib/check_mk_agent/spool) of the Check_MK
Agent (version 1.5.0p11 raw). So far so good. The check refreshes every 4
hours as desired.

Now, what I'd like to do is to allow the user to manually trigger the
script (check_pipeline.sh) from the web interface. How can I achieve the
execution of the cron job itself so he can see the updated output?

Thanks in advance.