[Check_mk (english)] receiving SNMP traps for multiple OMD sites

Markus.Bloch at telekom.de Markus.Bloch at telekom.de
Tue Feb 5 15:37:15 CET 2019

Hi together,

we are running several OMD sites with enterprise features for different applications where each site is administrated by different colleagues/departments. Now we want to provide SNMP trap receiving for each site. From my understanding, the mkeventd is listening to UDP port 162 and cannot be changed by any configuration. So when I start mkeventd in one site, all other sites are not able to receive SNMP traps, right?

Is it possible in any way to provide each OMD sites with SNMP alarms from their respective hosts configured?

Thank you

Markus Bloch

Deutsche Telekom Technik GmbH
NSO-DSSA
ESOC Service Assurance
Markus Bloch
Kampstr.106, DE-44137 Dortmund
+49 231 9895 3649 (Phone)
+49 231 9895 3657 (Fax)
E-Mail: markus.bloch at telekom.de<mailto:markus.bloch at telekom.de>
www.telekom.com<http://www.telekom.com>

You can find the compulsory statement according to ยง 35a GmbHG:
http://www.telekom.de/compulsory-statement-dttechnik