[Check_mk (english)] [Ticket#2019012910000104] sftp check not working

Brian Binder brianjbinder at icloud.com
Tue Feb 5 21:10:30 CET 2019

Ok, if that’s the rule you’re using and you’ve defined 8022 there, then yes, it should work just fine.
Are you able to connect to that port from the monitoring server OUTSIDE of Check_MK?
I didn’t go over the entire thread when replying, so I see the rule you’re using.
Makes no difference if you’re on the same LAN as your SFTP server - please ensure you can connect via other means, like, say:
nmap -sT -p 8022 HOSTIP
Does it respond from the server you’re running the Check_MK instance on?
If you can connect to it successfully, then sure, maybe a Check_MK setting is off and would have to be diagnosed.