[Check_mk (english)] Maximum number (1000) of new log messages exceeded

Gerd Radecke wi2009i at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:56:08 CET 2019

Hi James,
the setting you're looking for is called "maxlines" (see paragraph 5 here
https://mathias-kettner.com/checkmk_logfiles.html)
i.e.
/var/log/foobar.log *maxlines=10000* maxtime=3 overflow=W
 C critical.*error
 C some.*other.*thingy

@Mark: the config option you are referencing limits the number of log
messages in the monitoring core log of the check_MK server that the core
caches for historic queries, while James is parsing logs with the logwatch
plugin on a check_Mk client.

Cheers,
 Gerd