[Check_mk (english)] How to check the age of a group of files

Gerd Radecke wi2009i at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:49:17 CET 2019

On 09.02.19 08:43, Soo How Cheng wrote:
> Dear everyone,
>
> This is using check_MK 1.40p37. This is to monitor a SuSE Linux server
> for the path - /usr6/MAPS2/bak/ folder. There is one database file and
> number of
> *.rf files. If normal circumstance, one or more of these *.rf files
> will be incrementally updated and rename as, for example
> file1_09022019.rf, or fileX_09022019.rf, etc.
>
> However, if none of these *.rf were found updated for the past 4
> hours, then, we can conclude that something is wrong. I heard that by
> using mrpe script, we are able
> to monitoring and get the alert notification correspondingly.
>
> Can any one share with this mrpe script or other suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Soo How,

you don't need mrpe scripts for that, you can extend the agent config
with a fileinfo.cfg file to monitor /usr6/MAPS2/bak/*.rf

On the server side you will then need a rule for "file group pattern"
and "state and count of file groups", Marcel has described something
similar a few years back but the config options haven't changed so it's
still valid:

see =>
https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/pipermail/checkmk-en/2015-May/015441.html

Cheers,