[Check_mk (english)] Help with Monitoring Several Small Sites

Paul Dott pauldott at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 19:19:24 CET 2019

Are you planning to monitor everything from your master server in AWS? Or
deploy slaves to client sites, as in distributed monitoring setup? if you
go this route, you can restrict access to certain things using the
permissions module under Users.

Or multiple individual sites, one per client?

Either way, Check Mk works similar in that you install an agent on the
client servers (where applicable, ie windows, linux) and then out the box
that will allow the agent to be queried over port 6556. Add the device to
the Check MK server and should be good to go.