[Check_mk (english)] need help with error , distributed monitoring change won't apply to node...

Christian Vo christian.vo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:17:43 CET 2019

hi all,

to add:

from master node cmdline,  "cmk -X" doesn't give me any errors
but from slave node cmdline,  "cmk -X" gives me this

OMD[slave1]:/opt/omd/sites/slave1/etc/check_mk/multisite.d$ cmk -X
Invalid configuration variable 'mkeventd_enabled'
--> Found 1 invalid variables
If you use own helper variables, please prefix them with _.

this is cryptic,  I only see
" mkeventd_enabled"  as a variable from
/opt/omd/sites/slave1/etc/check_mk/multisite.d/mkeventd.mk

which is set to either True or False depending if I enable or disable
mkeventd.
doing either from "omd config" doesn't help, I still get the same errors
any ideas?
this was working fine up until today, not sure what change was made to
cause this...

Chris