[Check_mk (english)] Fwd: How to check the age of a group fo files

soohow.cheng soohow.cheng at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 00:03:34 CET 2019

Hi Gerd,It works. Soo How,Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gerd Radecke <wi2009i at gmail.com> Date: 20/02/2019  19:29  (GMT+08:00) To: Soo How Cheng <soohow.cheng at gmail.com>, "<checkmk-en at lists.mathias-kettner.de>" <checkmk-en at lists.mathias-kettner.de> Subject: Re: [Check_mk (english)] Fwd: How to check the age of a group fo files Hi Soo How,sorry for the late reply, this looks pretty good, but I think the second rule wouldn't need to be a manual rule but can also be used from the "Parameters for Discovered Services"Did it work the way you set it up?Regards, GerdOn Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 1:17 PM Soo How Cheng <soohow.cheng at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

If I interpret
correctly, these should be the steps to test out,

a.     On monitored host, create fileinfo.cfg and
place it in /etc/check_mk/

contents of fileinfo.cfg:

/usr6/MAPS2//bak/*.rf

b.    On check_MK server, WATO: Host &
Service Parameters > Parameters for Discovered Services > Storage,
FileSystem and Files; select “File group patterns”

c.     On check_MK server, WATO: Manual Checks
> Storage, Filesystem and files; select “; select “Size, age and count of
the group”

 Do I miss out anything? please enlighten, thanks.

Soo How,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 5:08 PM soohow.cheng <soohow.cheng at gmail.com> wrote:Hi Gerd,Please see the attached document on how I configured the 2 rules n 1 config.Do I missing any thing? Please enlighten.Thanks, Soon HowSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Gerd Radecke <wi2009i at gmail.com> Date: 12/02/2019  15:59  (GMT+08:00) To: "soohow.cheng" <soohow.cheng at gmail.com> Cc: "<checkmk-en at lists.mathias-kettner.de>" <checkmk-en at lists.mathias-kettner.de> Subject: Re: [Check_mk (english)] Fwd: How to check the age of a group fo files Hi Soo How,since the images aren't loading I can't say if it is correclty configured but:is it working the way you expect it to or are you still missing something?GerdOn Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 7:47 AM soohow.cheng <soohow.cheng at gmail.com> wrote:Hi everyone,Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.-------- Original message --------From: Soo How Cheng <soohow.cheng at hotmail.com> Date: 11/02/2019  14:46  (GMT+08:00) To: SooHow <soohow.cheng at gmail.com> Subject: Fwd: How to check the age of a group fo files

Get Outlook for Android

If I interpret correctly, these should be the steps to test out,

a.
On monitored host, create fileinfo.cfg and place it in /etc/check_mk/

contents of fileinfo.cfg:

/usr6/MAPS2//bak/*.rf

b.
On check_MK server, WATO: Host & Service Parameters > Parameters for Discovered Services > Storage, FileSystem and Files; select “File group patterns”

c.
On check_MK server, WATO: Manual Checks > Storage, Filesystem and files; select “; select “Size, age and count of the group”

Soo How,

This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may contain information that is copyrighted or confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely
 for the use of the individual or the entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender at once so that he may take the appropriate action and avoid troubling you further.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Manage your subscription or unsubscribe
https://lists.mathias-kettner.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/checkmk-en