[Check_mk (english)] Distributed monitoring - cannot authenticate to web service

Lists lists at murrell.ca
Tue Feb 26 02:55:16 CET 2019

Hello,

I have a master site with several slave sites already added.  I am trying to add another slave site but am unable to log in.  When I create the slave site in my master then click the "login" button, I get the following message:

--- START ---

Cannot connect to remote site: Authentication to web service failed.
Message:
Check_MK Multisite Login 1.2.8p20 Username: Password: Invalid credentials. Version: 1.2.8p20 - © Mathias KettnerYou can use, modify and distribute Check_MK under the terms of the GNU GPL Version 2.

If I go to the check_mk URL of the slave site directly, I get prompted for login credentials.  I am entering the *exact* same credentials I am entering when I try to log in with on the distributed monitoring settings (when I click the "login" button) and I am able to log in no problem.

I cannot seem to figure this out.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alan