[Check_mk (english)] check_mk enable debug logging

Paul Dott pauldott at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 20:20:12 CET 2019

Hi Aravind,

I don't think increasing the logging will help here. This stale handle is
really a result of the 'waitmax' program kicking in.

Section from the agent;
    echo '<<<nfsmounts>>>'
    sed -n '/ nfs4\? /s/[^ ]* \([^ ]*\) .*/\1/p' < /proc/mounts |
        sed 's/\\040/ /g' |
        while read MP
    do
        if [ "$STAT_VERSION" != "$STAT_BROKE" ]; then
            waitmax -s 9 5 stat -f -c "$MP ok %b %f %a %s" "$MP" || \
                echo "$MP hanging 0 0 0 0"
        else
            waitmax -s 9 5 stat -f -c "$MP ok %b %f %a %s" "$MP" && \
                printf '\n'|| echo "$MP hanging 0 0 0 0"
        fi
    done

The agent tried to query the mount points, and if not responding, then it
causes this response (essentially no data). This is described a little
better here - https://mathias-kettner.de/cms_check_nfsmounts.html

Paul