[Check_mk (english)] Automation of or bypassing WATO

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Wed Jun 19 14:37:03 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 19.06.19 13:43, Dave Ford via checkmk-en wrote:
> I need to pull in a lot of host-group configuration from an existing
> icinga installation into my check_mk raw setup.

You should be able to do all of this via the WATO API:

https://checkmk.com/cms_web_api.html
https://checkmk.com/cms_web_api_references.html

There are API commands to create hosts in folders and hostgroups and to
create rules that would assign hosts to hostgroups based on the folder.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Support GmbH

https://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg - HRB 93818 B
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein - Sitz: Berlin