[Check_mk (english)] Nagvis Performance tuning

Thomas Wittmann tom.teel at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 13:30:47 CEST 2019

Hi list
maybe someone else stumbled already on this an can help me.
We're just setting up dashboards with hosts disaplayed on the automap with
LON/LAT as custom attributes. Everything works as expexted but... well...
Nagvis is not quite fast on displaying this.
An Automap oder Europe with ca 700 hosts takes about 12-15 seconds to load.
Since dashboards rotate on TV screens and 15-20 seconds is the average
delay for each dashboard this is not optimal.
Since we also have external dashboards from other apps, the Nagvis internal
rotation feature is not suitable here.
Is there a way to speed up the render performance? Export as static map
does not improve this (already tried)

BR
Tom