[Check_mk (english)] Agent 1.6.0p3 unresponsive on Server 2008R2

Andreas Döhler andreas.doehler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 21:37:54 CEST 2019

Hi Adrien,

if agent 1.5 is working good on your 2008 systems you should stay with this
version.
1.6 agent uses more Windows internal function then the older version. This
could lead to some problems on older systems near there end of support :)
There are no new or changed functions inside the agent you need on 2008.

On some of my systems already the 1.5 agent had problems on many 2008
systems. If must tweak the check_mk.ini on this systems that they work
without problem.
It is possible that with some configuration the 1.6 should work on 2008 but
until now i had no time to test these on such old systems.
Only a few 2008 left on my installations.