[Check_mk (english)] Catalyst 4500 SNMP service discovery timeout.

Bernd Nies bernd.nies at adnovum.ch
Wed Oct 16 20:32:26 CEST 2019

Hi,

We're using the Check_MK raw edition. A plain snmpwalk takes only about one minute to complete with roughly 37'000 lines of output.

bernd at adncheck:~> time snmpwalk -Os -c mycommunity -v 2c catalyst4500 >/tmp/catalyst4500-snmpwalk

real 1m10.595s
user 0m1.249s
sys 0m1.091s

I have to check how SNMP views work on Catalyst 4500. I'm not interested in monitoring client ports. Is the Check_MK enterprise edition much faster? Maybe this convinces my boss to finally pay a few bucks for this great piece of monitoring software.

Regards,

Bernd