Check_MK Werk 8570: Make PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT's behavior more Nagios-like

Sven Panne sp at mathias-kettner.de
Tue Jan 31 13:37:19 CET 2017

ID:          8570
Title:       Make PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT's behavior more Nagios-like
Component:   The Check_MK Micro Core
Level:       1
Class:       Bug Fix
Version:     1.2.9i1

The Nagios documentation for the external command PROCESS_HOST_CHECK_RESULT
explicitly states that the return code in the commandline is already the
host state, not the result code of a check result (which was the core's
return code in the commandline as follows:

0 => UP
1 => DOWN/UNREACHABLE   (previously this meant UP, too)
2 => DOWN/UNREACHABLE

We still deviate a bit from Nagios, because the actual decision if a host is
DOWN or UNREACHABLE is done by the core and can't be overridden from the
outside.